Best of all, it only takes a few supplies and a little bit of time. Here’s how to make paper batik art in five easy steps.
- Gather your materials. You will need some white construction paper, a bowl of water, crayons, and a black Sharpie marker.
- Draw a design on your paper with the crayons. You can be as creative as you like! Once you’re happy with your design, use the Sharpie marker to trace over the lines of your drawing.
- Dip the paper into the bowl of water, making sure that all of the lines are wet. The water will help the dye from the crayons spread evenly.
- Place the paper on a flat surface and begin painting over it with different colors of tempera paint. Work from light to dark so that you don’t accidentally paint over a lighter color with a darker one.
- Allow the paint to dry completely before displaying your artwork proudly for all to see!
Making batik art is a fun and easy way to create beautiful pieces of art, and it’s a great activity to do with your kids!
With just a few supplies and a little bit of time, you can make stunning works of art that are sure to impress everyone who sees them.
So what are you waiting for? Give it a try today!