If you’re like most people, you probably have a mix of round and square tables in your home. And if you’ve ever tried to put a round tablecloth on a square table, you know that it can be a bit of a challenge!
So, will a round tablecloth fit a square table? Yes, it fits. In fact, you can make any tablecloth work for any table. You just need to know how.
In this blog post, we will show you how to determine whether or not a round tablecloth will fit on your square table – and how to make it fit if it doesn’t!
Round Table Vs Square Table
Tablecloths are one of those things that seem like they should be pretty straightforward—but they’re not! Why?
There are several reasons for that:
- Square tables are great for small spaces because they make the most of your floor plan. But sometimes, you just can’t find a square tablecloth that fits your style.
- Or maybe you’ve found the perfect round tablecloth, but you’re not sure if it will fit your square table.
Either way, it’s important to know how to determine whether or not a round tablecloth will fit your square table.
Will a Round Tablecloth Fit a Square Table?
Yes, sure. Here is a little secret: you can make any tablecloth work for any table. All you need is a little bit of know-how.
How can we do that? Keep reading to learn more!
How to Know Whether It Fits or Not?
Here are the steps to measure the tablecloth vs the table.
For a round tablecloth on a square table
- The first thing you need to do is measure the diameter of your square table (from one end to the opposite end of the table).
- Once you have that measurement, you need to divide it by two. This will give you the radius of your table.
- Next, you need to measure the circumference of your tablecloth. To do this, you’ll need to measure the length of the fabric from end to end and then multiply that number by two.
- Now that you have both measurements, you can compare them to see if your tablecloth will fit your table. If the circumference of your tablecloth is greater than or equal to the diameter of your table, then it will fit!
For a round tablecloth on an oblong or rectangle-shaped table
- Take the length of the table and multiply it by 2.
- Then, take the width of the table and multiply it by 2.
- Add these two numbers together.
- If that number is less than or equal to 84 inches (the diameter of a standard round tablecloth), then you’re in luck—a round tablecloth will fit your rectangular or oblong-shaped table with no problem!
How to Make It Fit?
With a few simple folds, you can make any shape tablecloth work for any shape table. Here’s how.
For a square tablecloth on a round table
- Simply fold the corners of the cloth inward until they meet in the center of the table.
- Voila! You now have a perfectly-fitted round tablecloth.
For a round tablecloth on a square table
- First, fold the cloth in half to create a long, narrow rectangle.
- Next, fold the top and bottom edges inward so that they meet in the middle of the rectangle.
- Finally, fold the entire cloth in half again to create a shorter, square-shaped cloth that will fit perfectly on your square table.
Tips for Fitting a Tablecloth
Now that you know how to make any tablecloth work for any table, here are a few tips to help you get the perfect fit:
- If your table is larger than 84 inches in circumference, you will need to buy a larger tablecloth or sew two tablecloths together.
- If your tablecloth is too small, you can always add a fabric border to the edge of the cloth to make it larger.
- If you’re using a patterned tablecloth, be sure to center the design on the table so that it looks symmetrical.
- When in doubt, go for a bigger size! It’s always easier to adjust a too-large tablecloth than it is to make too-small one work.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to find the perfect tablecloth for any table—no matter the shape or size.
As you can see, it is possible to make a round tablecloth fit a square table – you just need to know how! With a little bit of creativity and some simple folding techniques, you can transform any tablecloth into the perfect size for your table.
So next time you’re wondering whether or not a round tablecloth will fit your square table, remember this blog post and give it a try! You might be surprised at how easy it is.
What Size Tablecloth Do I Need for a 60-Inch Round Table?
For a 60-inch round table, you’ll need a cloth that is at least 108 inches wide. This will give you enough fabric to drape nicely over the sides of the table.
You could also go with a 120-inch wide cloth for an even more dramatic look.
How Much Drop Should a Tablecloth Have?
How long should a tablecloth hang over the table?
In general, the top of the tablecloth should hang 1-2 inches below the edge of the table. This will help to create a clean look and will prevent people from seeing the table underneath.
If you have a particularly wide table, you may want to allow for more than 2 inches of fabric so that it hangs evenly on both sides.
What Size Table Cloth Do I Need for a 6-Ft Table?
If you’re looking for a tablecloth that will drape over the sides of your six-foot table, you’ll need one that’s at least 84 inches wide and 84 inches long.
That said, it’s always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to tablecloths – after all, you can always tuck it in if it’s too big, but if it’s too small, you’re out of luck!
What Size Table Does a 132-Round Tablecloth Fit?
A 132-round tablecloth will fit a table that is approximately 8 feet in diameter.
To be sure that the tablecloth will fit your table, measure the diameter of your table and compare it to the dimensions of the tablecloth.
What Size Tablecloth Fits a 5Ft Round Table?
A 5ft round tablecloth would fit a table with a diameter of about 48 inches. Most standard-sized cloths are around 60 inches wide, so they would be too large for a 5ft table.
However, there are many different sizes and shapes of tablecloths available, so it’s best to measure the diameter of your table before purchasing a cloth.
What Size Tablecloth Do I Need For a Square Table?
This is a great question! When it comes to tablecloths, there are a few things you need to take into account.
First, what is the size of your table? Second, how many people do you usually have seated at the table? And third, what is the occasion?
- For a square table that seats four people, you will need a tablecloth that is approximately 60 inches square.
- For six people, you will need a tablecloth that is approximately 72 inches square.
- And for eight people, you will need a tablecloth that is approximately 84 inches square.
What Size Table Does a 70-Round Tablecloth Fit?
This is a great question! A 70-round tablecloth should fit a standard 72-inch round dining table perfectly.
It will hang down over the edge of the table by about 12 inches on all sides. If your table is a different size, you may need to adjust the size of your cloth accordingly.
How Many Chairs Fit Around a 60-Round Table?
This all depends on the size of the chairs and the size of the table. But generally, you can fit about 10-12 chairs around a 60-inch round table. Hope that helps!