Do you know how to make your six-foot table look like a million bucks? It’s pretty simple: add a tablecloth! But why stop there? With the right tablecloth, you can transform your table into a showstopper!
After all, there’s nothing like the right size to make your six-foot table look amazing.
So let’s explore the world of the right size tablecloth for a six-foot table, shall we? Let’s go!
Tablecloths come in various sizes, shapes, and materials, so there’s something for everyone. When it comes to size, they come in lengths from six feet to ten feet.
The widths can vary from thirty-six to sixty inches. The standard six-foot tablecloth is usually sixty-four to seventy-two inches across and seventy-two inches long.
Depending on the occasion, you can choose from cotton, linen, polyester, and even sequin fabrics. Cotton and linen are classic fabric choices and feel luxurious to the touch. Polyester is a sturdy, tried-and-true option. And who doesn’t love the sparkle of sequins?
There are several types to choose from, each with its style.
- Traditional ones are rectangular and often come with coordinating napkins.
- Round tablecloths are perfect for round tables.
- U-shaped is designed to fit round tables with extended sides.
As for size, the rule of thumb is to select a tablecloth at least twelve inches larger than the circumference of your table.
Choosing the Color
You want one that matches or complements the color scheme of the room. Neutrals like white, cream and beige are always classic and timeless. For a more eye-catching look, try a bright hue or bold pattern.
Selecting the Right Tablecloth for a Six-Foot Table
An optimal size for a tablecloth is seventy inches across and nine feet long for a six-foot table. A rectangle one can drape gracefully over the sides of the table and help to anchor and define the table.
Consider a round or U-shape if you’d prefer something simpler and more streamlined.
Care and Maintenance
No matter what material you choose, taking care of it is key to keeping it looking great. Most are machine washable, but always check the label for instructions before tossing it in the washer.
If you’re using a more delicate fabric, like silk or linen, you may want to spot-clean it or take it to the dry cleaners.
Did you know you can add an extra layer of protection with a tablecloth liner? These come in different sizes to fit six-foot tables, and they’re made of materials like vinyl or felt. Liners also help to keep it in place.
Tablecloth accessories, such as table runners, placemats, and napkins, are the perfect way to complete the look.
- Clips or clamps: These devices grip the corners of a tablecloth in place on a table. They are made of metal or plastic and designed to securely hold the edge of the tablecloth.
- Table skirting: A cloth or other material hangs over a table’s legs to create a more polished look. It’s often used for formal events and comes in different colors and materials, like paper or plastic.
- Table runners: Dress up your dining table with a runner! These pieces of fabric can be placed lengthwise down the center of your table to add a pop of color or pattern. They are available in various materials, including cotton, silk, and lace.
- Napkin rings: These rings help keep napkins together on the dinner table and are usually made from metal or plastic. They come in different designs to fit any event or setting.
- Placemats: They are an essential part of every table setting. They protect your tabletop from spills and stains while adding a decorative touch. Placemats are typically made from cloth, paper, or plastic.
Tablecloths, not your style? Don’t worry, and there are plenty of other options to choose from. Use a neat table cover or patterned cloth, such as an oriental rug. You can even try using a runner or quilt for a more eye-catching effect.
If you’re feeling creative, why not create your own tablecloth? With a few simple supplies, you can make a custom-sized tablecloth in no time. All you need is some fabric, scissors, and sewing supplies.