Polyurethane laminate fabric, also known as PUL, is a type of fabric that has been laminated with a thin layer of polyurethane. This gives the fabric a waterproof and breathable barrier that makes it ideal for a variety of applications, including outdoor gear, diaper covers, and medical garments.
Polyurethane laminate fabric has become increasingly popular in recent years due to its many benefits. Here are just a few:
- Waterproof: PUL is completely waterproof, making it ideal for use in outdoor gear and other applications where water resistance is important.
- Breathable: Despite its waterproof nature, PUL is also breathable, allowing air to circulate and preventing moisture buildup.
- Durable: PUL is a very durable fabric that can withstand a lot of wear and tear, making it ideal for use in products that will be used frequently.
- Easy to clean: PUL is also easy to clean, making it ideal for use in products that will be exposed to dirt and other contaminants.
What is PUL?
PUL stands for polyurethane laminate fabric. It is a type of fabric that has been laminated with a thin layer of polyurethane to make it waterproof and breathable.
What is PUL used for?
PUL is used in a variety of applications, including outdoor gear, diaper covers, and medical garments.
Is PUL safe?
Yes, PUL is considered safe for use in a variety of applications. However, it is important to use PUL that has been certified as safe for use in products that will come into contact with skin.
How do I care for PUL?
PUL is easy to care for and can be machine washed and dried. However, it is important to avoid using fabric softeners or bleach, as these can damage the waterproof layer.
There are many advantages to using PUL in your products:
- Easy to clean
- Soft and comfortable to wear
If you’re planning to work with PUL, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use a sharp needle to avoid damaging the waterproof layer.
- Avoid ironing the fabric, as this can also damage the waterproof layer.
- Use a walking foot when sewing PUL to help prevent the fabric from slipping.
- Trim the seam allowances close to the stitches to reduce bulk.
Polyurethane laminate fabric is a versatile and durable fabric that is ideal for a variety of applications. With its waterproof and breathable properties, it is perfect for use in outdoor gear, diaper covers, and medical garments. By following a few simple tips, you can easily work with PUL to create high-quality products that are both comfortable and long-lasting.