Are you tired of using harsh chemicals to clean your washing machine? Look no further than your pantry! Vinegar, a common household item, can be used to effectively clean and freshen your washing machine. Not only is it eco-friendly, but it’s also much cheaper than buying commercial products. Here are some things to know before you begin.
Things To Know
- White vinegar is the most effective type of vinegar to use for cleaning your washing machine.
- Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and deodorizer, making it perfect for cleaning your machine.
- Vinegar is safe to use on all types of washing machines, including front-loaders and top-loaders.
- To clean the inside of your machine, add 2 cups of white vinegar to the detergent dispenser and run a cycle on the hottest setting.
- For extra cleaning power, add ½ cup of baking soda to the drum before running the cycle.
- To clean the outside of your machine, mix equal parts vinegar and water in a spray bottle and wipe down the exterior with a clean cloth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will using vinegar damage my washing machine?
A: No, vinegar is safe to use on all types of washing machines.
Q: How often should I clean my washing machine with vinegar?
A: It’s recommended to clean your machine with vinegar once a month.
Q: Can I use apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar?
A: While apple cider vinegar may work, white vinegar is the most effective type to use for cleaning your washing machine.
- Other household items that can be used for cleaning (e.g. baking soda, lemon juice)
- Eco-friendly cleaning products
- Tips for maintaining a clean washing machine