Recliners are great furniture pieces for relaxing after a long day at work. They provide comfort, convenience, and style.
However, there are some drawbacks to having a recliner in your home. One of them is that the backrest tends to get dirty over time. Another problem is that the seat cushion gets worn out quickly.
You need to know how to clean a recliner to solve these problems.
How to Remove Back of Recliner Sofa
Step 1: Clean Your Couch
To start cleaning your couch, you should use a vacuum cleaner. Vacuum cleaners are very effective at removing dirt and dust from upholstery. Ensure you do not use harsh chemicals such as bleach or ammonia while vacuuming. These chemicals may damage the fabric of your couch.
Step 2: Use a Brush
After using the vacuum cleaner, you should brush off the dirt and dust from the surface of your couch. A soft bristle brush works best for this purpose. Use a circular motion to brush off the dirt. Do not scrub hard since you might scratch the finish of your couch.
If you want to remove stains from your couch, you can try washing it with soap and water. Be careful not to use too much soap or detergent. Too much soap could leave behind residue on your couch.
Step 3: Wipe Down With a Cloth Towel
Once you have cleaned your couch, you should wipe it dry with a cloth towel. Using a wet towel could cause mold growth on your couch.
Can I Put Slipcovers on Reclining Sofas?
Yes! There are many types of slipcovers available today. Some slipcovers come with cushions attached to them. Others are made of velour. Velour covers are usually used for couches that have armrests.
How to Fix Cable on Reclining Sofa
The cable is one of the parts of a recliner that connects the chair to the base. When cables become loose, they tend to fall off. Sometimes, the cables break completely. If you notice the cables falling off, you should take action immediately.
There are two ways to repair broken cables. First, you can replace the entire cable assembly. Second, you can simply reattach the old cable to the new one.
Replacing the entire cable assembly is easier but requires professional assistance. Professional technicians can install a new cable assembly in less than 30 minutes.
Fixing Broken Cables Yourself
If you decide to fix the broken cables, follow these simple instructions.
First, you should disconnect all wires connected to the cable. Then, you should cut the damaged wire. After cutting the wire, you should solder the end of the wire to the new cable. Finally, you should reconnect the wires to the new cable.
What Features Make the Best Reclining Sofas
When buying a recliner, you should consider the following features before making a final decision.
- Comfort – Does the recliner feel comfortable to sit on? Is it firm enough to support your weight?
- Style – Are the colors and patterns attractive? Can you customize the color and pattern?
- Price – How much does the recliner cost? What are its warranty terms?
- Durability – Will the recliner last long? Is it easy to maintain?
- Warranty – How long will the manufacturer provide warranty service?
- Size – How big is the recliner? Is it large enough to accommodate your body comfortably?
- Material – What material is the frame made? Is it durable?
- Quality – How well-made is the recliner?
- Accessories – Does the recliner include extra accessories such as pillows, blankets, and other items?