Graduation season is in full swing, and if you’re lucky enough to graduate this year, you’ll want to know how to wear your graduation cap.
For guys, there are a few things to remember when it comes to wearing your cap. Here are a few tips on how to easily style your graduation cap.
How to wear graduation cap for guys
There’s no right or wrong way to wear a graduation cap, but there are a few things guys should keep in mind when donning their mortarboards. Here are five simple tips:
- Make sure the tassel is on the right side. This may seem like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how often it’s overlooked. The tassel should always be worn on the right side until after you’ve received your diploma, at which point you can move it to the left.
- Make sure your cap is level. One of the most important aspects of wearing a graduation cap is ensuring its level on your head. An uneven or crooked cap will not only look sloppy but can also be uncomfortable.
- Don’t be afraid to adjust the fit. If your graduation cap is too loose or tight, don’t be afraid to adjust it. Most caps have an adjustable strap in the back that can be tightened or loosened as needed.
- Keep your hair off your face. If you have long hair, it’s important to keep it out of your face so you can see clearly during the ceremony. A simple ponytail or bun will do the trick.
- Be mindful of windy conditions. If it’s a particularly windy day, secure your graduation cap, so it doesn’t blow away. Some people opt to use bobby pins for this, but you can also use double-sided tape if necessary.
How to wear a graduation cap
Wearing a graduation cap may seem like a simple task, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind to ensure you do it correctly. Here are five tips for wearing your graduation cap:
- Make sure the point of the cap is centered on your head. The point of the graduation cap should be positioned directly in the middle of your forehead. It will look uneven and sloppy if it’s off to one side.
- Make sure the cap bill is parallel to the ground. The bill of the graduation cap should be level with the ground, not tilted up or down. This will help ensure that your caps look neat and professional.
- Don’t let the brim of your cap cover your eyes. The brim of the graduation cap should sit just above your eyebrows so you can see clearly. If it covers your eyes, it will be difficult to see what’s happening during the ceremony.
- Make sure the tassel is on the right side. The tassel of the graduation cap should hang down on the right side unless you are instructed otherwise. This is considered to be proper etiquette for most graduation ceremonies.
- Don’t fidget with your cap or tassel. Once you have your graduation cap and tassel in place, resist the urge to fidget with them. This can be distracting to those around you, and it can also damage your cap.