Do you know how to clean your bathroom mats? Follow these simple steps and you will be good to go.
How To Wash Bathroom Mats
1. Pour a generous amount of soap into the washing machine.
You can use any soap you like, but we recommend a gentle soap like Dove or Seventh Generation.
2. Add some vinegar or lemon juice if you prefer a more acidic cleaning solution.
If you want to clean your bathroom mats with less hassle, you can try using either vinegar or lemon juice. Vinegar is more acidic, while lemon juice is more alkaline.
You can adjust the solution to your preference by adding either more vinegar or lemon juice, as needed.
3: Close the lid of the washer and start it up.
4: Let the washer do its thing for about 15 minutes.
5: Open the lid of the washer and remove all of the dirty items.
6: Run another cycle with plain water to rinse everything out.
To ensure that your bathroom mat stays looking and smelling fresh, it’s recommended that you wash them every few weeks. If you do happen to have an especially dirty mat, you can try washing it every week if possible.
How To Wash a Foam Bathroom Mat?
- Clean the mat with a disinfectant cleaner.
- Soak the mat in a tub of water mixed with mild soap for a few minutes.
- Rinse the mat with clean water and dry it off.
- Apply a coat of sealant to the mat to protect it from water damage.
- If you don’t have a dishwasher, hand-wash your bathroom mat in hot water with a little detergent.
- If you do have a dishwasher, place your mat in the top rack and run the machine in delicate or eco-friendly settings.
- Place a thick towel on the floor next to the sink before beginning to wash your mat. This will catch any excess water and prevent it from damaging your floors or cabinets.
- Be sure to use a scrub brush on hard surfaces and avoid using harsh soaps or detergents that could damage marble or porcelain surfaces.
- Rinse off your mat thoroughly under running water and wring out the excess water before placing it on the towel to dry.
Washing your bathroom mats is important because they can harbor bacteria, which can cause infections in your feet or other parts of your body. By following these tips, you can keep your bathrooms clean and healthy for everyone who uses them!