Turning off hand drawing in Procreate is a simple process that can be done in a few easy steps. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Procreate on your iPad.
- Tap on the wrench icon to open the Actions menu.
- Scroll down to the “Gesture Controls” section and tap on it.
- Toggle the “Assisted Drawing” switch off to turn off hand drawing.
That’s it! With these four easy steps, you can turn off hand drawing in Procreate and get back to creating your masterpiece.
If you accidentally undo stuff while drawing, you can turn on the “Disable Touch Actions” option in the Gesture Controls menu. Check your Smudge, Erase, and Assisted Drawing settings to make sure they are not interfering with your workflow. Make sure you don’t have Alpha Lock active on the layer you’re trying to draw on.
In addition to turning off hand drawing, there are other settings you can adjust to make your drawing experience more efficient. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Customize your shortcuts: Procreate allows you to customize shortcuts for your tools, making it easier to access the tools you use most frequently. To customize your shortcuts, navigate to Actions > Prefs > Shortcuts.
- Use drawing guides: Procreate offers a wide range of drawing guides to help you build the structure of your artwork. You can use 2D Grids to keep your work in proportion, Isometric guides for drawing in three dimensions, Perspective guides for creating realistic depth and Symmetry guides for creating perfectly symmetrical designs. To activate a guide, go to the Canvas section of your Actions menu and toggle it on.
- Take advantage of Drawing Assist: Drawing Assist is a feature that helps you draw smooth, straight lines by automatically correcting your strokes. To turn on Drawing Assist, go to the Gesture Controls menu and toggle it on. You can adjust the sensitivity of Drawing Assist by going to Actions > Prefs > Gesture Controls > Assisted Drawing.
With these tips and tricks, you’ll be well on your way to creating stunning artwork in Procreate.