Who doesn’t love the sweet, fluffy goodness of cotton candy?
If you’ve ever been curious about how it’s made and want to try it, you’re in luck! Spinning cotton candy is surprisingly easy and requires minimal ingredients; you only need granulated sugar and food coloring.
How to Spin Cotton Candy Like a Pro
Here’s how to make your delicious cotton candy at home.
Gather Your Supplies
Before you begin, you’ll need a few supplies to spin your cotton candy.
You’ll need a container for the sugar, food coloring (optional), an electric spinning machine, and several sticks or cones.
The spinning machine should be equipped with adjustable speed control so that you can adjust the speed according to the sugar or syrup used.
Finally, don’t forget some wax or parchment paper for easy cleanup!
Prepare the Sugar
Once all your supplies are gathered, it’s time to start prepping the sugar.
- Start by pouring one cup of granulated sugar into a container and adding drops of food coloring until you get the desired color.
- Mix everything until the color is evenly distributed throughout the sugar.
- Then, fill the spinning machine with just enough sugar to cover the bottom surface of its bowl.
- Turn on your electric spinning machine and allow it to heat up for about five minutes before beginning to spin your cotton candy.
Spin It Up
Once everything is ready, all that’s left is to spin your cotton candy!
- Place one of your sticks or cones over the center post on top of the spinning machine and slowly pour in more of your prepared sugar mixture until it covers up to half its bowl surface area.
- Use a spoon or spatula if necessary to help spread out any clumps that may have formed during mixing.
- As soon as the mixture starts melting around its edges, slowly begin turning up its speed control knob until it reaches a constant rotation rate.
- Now allow it to spin for two minutes while carefully tilting away from itself any excess mixtures that may be dripping down from atop its bowl lid opening.
- Once two minutes have passed, quickly turn off its power switch before carefully removing your finished cotton candy stick or cone from atop its center post with tongs or gloves!
And there you have it.
Your very own homemade batch of delicious cotton candy!
With this guide, you too can become an expert at making this classic treat like a pro in no time!
Don’t forget that if you’re feeling adventurous, there are also plenty of ways to customize this traditional dessert with different flavors and colors, such as strawberry-flavored pink cotton candy or blueberry-flavored blue cotton candy!
So what are you waiting for?
Get out there and get spinning!