Your shower curtain is one of the most important bathroom accessories. It can make or break your bathroom experience. In this blog post, we will share 4 tips for keeping your shower curtain looking fresh and new.
Remove it Before Showering
If you’re anything like most people, you probably shower at night and leave your shower curtain up all day long. But is that really the best idea? According to some experts, it might not be the best practice to leave your shower curtain up all day.
According to experts, it’s a good idea to remove your shower curtain before you take a shower. This is because water can get trapped under the curtain and cause mold and mildew growth.
If you don’t have time to remove your shower curtain before taking a bath or shower, try to do it as soon as possible after taking a bath or shower.
Keep It Closed While Showering
Another thing that experts recommend is keeping your bathroom door closed while you’re in the shower. This is because water can leak out of the bathroom if the door is open and rain can get in if the door isn’t closed all the way.
If you don’t have a door that can be closed all the way, experts recommend using a shower curtain liner. This is a cloth or plastic cover that goes over the top of your shower curtain. It helps to keep water and rain out and makes it easier to clean the curtain.
Use Shower Curtains That Are Durable
If you’re going to be using your shower curtain for a long time, it’s worth investing in a durable model. According to experts, some of the best shower curtains are made out of polyester. Polyester curtains are water-resistant and they generally last longer than other types of curtains.
But if you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a shower curtain, experts also recommend using a plastic bag or wrap as a shower curtain liner. These materials are inexpensive and they’ll last for a while if cared for properly.
Keep It Clean
One last thing that you should do when cleaning your shower curtain is to use a mild soap solution and hot water. Experts recommend using an enzyme-based cleaner instead of harsh chemicals if possible. This is because harsh cleaners can damage the fabric of your shower curtain.
And finally, avoid scrubbing your shower curtain with hard objects like brushes–that’s how you can actually damage the fabric! Instead, use a soft cloth or sponge to clean it.
How to Clean Shower Curtain
If your shower curtain needs a good cleaning, here are five easy steps you can follow to get the job done.
- First, remove any dirt or debris that may be on the curtain by using a vacuum cleaner. If necessary, use a brush to scrub any areas that seem particularly dirty.
- Second, pour some white vinegar onto a cloth and wet it before wiping down the curtain.
- Third, mix baking soda with water to create a paste and liberally apply it to the curtain.
- Finally, rinse off the mixture with water and hang up your clean shower curtain!
How to Wash Shower Curtain
If you’re looking to refresh your shower curtain, but don’t know-how, we’ve got you covered. Here are 5 easy steps to washing a shower curtain:
- Remove the curtain from the rod or pole it’s attached to.
- Hang it on a hanger if possible or place it in a pile on the floor if not.
- Fill a bucket with warm water and add about 1 cup of soap flakes.
- Put the curtain in the bucket and stir occasionally with a rubber ducky until suds form.
- Hang the curtain over a trash can or shower drain and rinse until water runs clear.
Shower Curtain Set Up
If you’re looking to add a touch of luxury to your shower experience, consider buying a shower curtain set. Here are three easy steps to help you get started:
- Measure the width of your shower curtain rod and purchase a curtain that’s at least that wide.
- Then, match the length of the rod to the length of the curtain.
- Finally, tie or tuck at each end of the curtain so it’s smooth and wrinkle-free.
Best Way To Hang Shower Curtain And Liner
There are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to shower curtains and liners.
- First, make sure that the curtain is of the right size. Too large of a curtain will take up too much space, while a small curtain will not provide enough coverage.
- Second, make sure that the curtain is the right material. A shower curtain made from fabric can be washed and dried, but a liner made from plastic or vinyl may not be so forgiving.
- Finally, make sure that you find the best way to hang your shower curtain and liner. A good way to do this is to measure how much space there is above and below your current shower head, then choose a bracket or ring that will fit those measurements.
Where To Hang Shower Curtain
When it comes to showering, many people might not think about where to hang their shower curtain. However, there are actually a few places you can put it depending on your bathroom layout.
- If you have a large bathtub, then you can likely just hang the curtain across the top of the tub.
- For a smaller bathtub or if you want to save space, then you can hang the curtain from the rail around the edge of the tub.
- If your shower has a built-in bench, then you can also hang the curtain from hooks on either side of the bench.
- Finally, if your shower has no built-in bench or if you want to maximize space, then you can hang the curtain from chains or rods that are installed in either corner of your shower.
By following these tips, you can keep your shower curtain looking new and fresh for years to come!