Do you have a pair of flared pants that you absolutely love, but the length is just too long? Maybe you don’t want to spend the time and effort to sew them, or you simply don’t know how to sew. Well, you’re in luck!
There are several easy and creative ways to adjust flared pants without a needle and thread. Keep reading to find out how.
Easy and Creative Ways to Adjust Flared Pants
- Use fabric glue
- Use hem tape
- Use safety pins
- Use iron-on adhesive tape
- Use a stapler
- These methods don’t require any sewing skills or equipment
- They are quick and easy solutions
- They are temporary and can be easily undone
- They won’t damage the fabric of the pants
- Always measure and mark the desired length before making any adjustments
- Test the adhesive on a small area of the fabric first to make sure it doesn’t damage or discolor the pants
- Use a ruler or straight edge for a clean and straight hemline
- Apply fabric glue or iron-on adhesive tape to the inside of the pants, following the marked line, and press the hemline down firmly.
- Cut a piece of hem tape to the desired length, place it inside the hemline, and iron it on according to the instructions on the package.
- Fold the excess fabric up to the desired length, secure it with safety pins, and make sure the pins are hidden on the inside of the pants.
- Cut a strip of adhesive tape to the desired length, place it inside the hemline, and press it down firmly with a hot iron.
- Fold the excess fabric up to the desired length and staple it in place, making sure the staples are hidden on the inside of the pants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will these methods hold up in the wash?
It depends on the type of adhesive used. Check the package instructions for washing and drying recommendations.
Can I use these methods on other types of pants?
Yes, these methods can be used on most types of pants.
Will these methods make the pants look bulky or uneven?
If done correctly, these methods should not create any noticeable bulk or unevenness.
- How to hem pants with a sewing machine
- How to tailor pants to fit perfectly
- How to distress jeans without sewing.