Hemming Polyester Spandex Pants: A Beginner’s Guide
If you have a pair of polyester spandex pants that are too long for you, there’s no need to worry!
Hemming them is easier than you may think, and it can be done in just a few simple steps.
Materials You Need to Hem Your Polyester Spandex Pants
Before you start hemming your polyester spandex pants, you’ll need to gather a few materials. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A pair of scissors
- Measuring tape
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
With these materials, you’ll be able to hem your pants quickly and easily.
Step-by-Step Guide to Hemming Your Polyester Spandex Pants
Here’s a step-by-step guide to hemming your polyester spandex pants:
- Try on your pants and mark the length you want them to be with a pin or chalk.
- Take off the pants and lay them flat on a table.
- Measure the length you marked with a measuring tape and add half an inch for the hem.
- Cut off the excess fabric using a pair of scissors.
- Fold the fabric up to create the hem and pin it in place.
- Sew the hem using a sewing machine or needle and thread.
- Try on your pants again to make sure the length is correct.
That’s it! With these simple steps, you’ll be able to hem your polyester spandex pants and achieve the perfect fit.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I hem polyester spandex pants by hand? Yes, you can hem them by hand using a needle and thread.
- Do I need a special needle to sew polyester spandex fabric? It’s recommended to use a ballpoint needle or stretch needle when sewing polyester spandex fabric.
- Can I use fabric glue to hem my pants? While fabric glue can be used, sewing the hem is a more secure and durable option.
- How to hem other types of pants
- How to sew on a button
- How to mend a tear in fabric
Was this article helpful?