Framing a mirror with metal is a great way to add some extra personality and pizzazz to your décor. It can also be a great way to protect your mirror from accidental damage.
So, this is how to frame a mirror with metal. You can use metal strips or you can weld your own metal frame. Attach the mirror to the backboard and frame, and hang it wherever you like.
In this blog post, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of framing a mirror with metal.
How to Frame a Mirror with Metal: Easy DIY Project
This simple DIY project is a great way to update any room in your house, and it’s surprisingly easy to do.
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, this step-by-step guide will show you how to frame a mirror using metal for an elegant look that will elevate any space.
What You Need
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- mirror (we used a 24″ x 36″ mirror for this project)
- Four strips of metal trim in the finish of your choice (we used brushed nickel)
- Masking tape
- Measuring tape
- Hanging hardware of your choice (we used D-rings and picture wire)
What to Do
- First, measure the width and height of your mirror.
- Then, use your measuring tape and pencil to mark where you’ll be placing your strips of metal trim. We placed ours about 2″ from the edge of the mirror.
- Cut the metal trim to size using a saw or metal snips. Use adhesive silicone caulk to attach the metal trim to the mirror.
- Once you have your marks, use your level to make sure they’re even.
- Next, use your drill to attach the metal strips to the mirror using screws. We recommend using two screws per strip for stability.
- Once all four strips are attached, use masking tape to cover up the exposed screw heads on the back of the mirror.
- Now it’s time to hang your new framed mirror! We used D-rings and picture wire, but you can use whatever hanging hardware you prefer. Just be sure that it can support the weight of your mirror.
- Hang it in your entryway, bathroom, or any other room in your home for a touch of luxury.
And that’s it! You’ve successfully framed a mirror using metal for an elevated look.
Metal Frame Wall Mirror: DIY Project with Welding
This project is a bit more advance because you want to make your own metal frame from scratch. Here are what to do:
- The first step is to measure the mirror.
- Next is to make your own metal frame by using the above measurement. Weld the frame according to the desired shape and size.
- Add a backboard by using plywood. Make sure that the frame is secured to the backboard.
- The next step is to attach the hanger by using a French cleat. A French cleat is a two-part system used to hang heavy objects on walls. It is very strong and can support a lot of weight.
- Now is the time to attach the mirror to the frame. Make sure that it is secure and will not fall off.
- Finally, you can hang your mirror.
There you have it! You have now learned how to make your very own metal frame wall mirror.
How Do You Attach a Wood Frame to a Mirror?
There are a few ways to attach a wood frame to a mirror.
- The easiest way is to use mirror clips, which can be found at most hardware stores.
- Another option is to use mirror adhesive, which is a type of glue that is specifically designed for mirrors.
- Finally, you could also use screws or nails to attach the frame to the mirror. However, it’s important to make sure that you use appropriate screws or nails that are designed for the glass, as using regular screws or nails could damage the mirror.
Can You Put a Mirror in a Picture Frame?
Yes, you can put a mirror in a picture frame. You just need to make sure that the picture frame is large enough to fit the mirror, and that the mirror is small enough to fit inside the picture frame.
You should also make sure that the mirror is securely attached to the picture frame so that it doesn’t fall out.
How Do Mirror Clips Work?
Mirror clips are special types of clips that are used to attach mirrors to walls.
They usually have two parts that clasp together around the mirror’s edges. The first part attaches to the wall, while the second part goes over the top of the mirror.
What Holds a Mirror on the Wall?
There are a few different things that can be used to hold a mirror on the wall.
- The most common option is to use mirror clips, which clasp around the edges of the mirror.
- Another option is to use adhesive strips or glue specifically designed for mirrors.
- French cleat systems are also sometimes used to hold mirrors on walls. These systems usually have two parts that fit together around the mirror’s edges.
- Finally, you could also use screws or nails.