Framing your graduation cap and gown is a great way to remember your graduation. It will look great on your wall and you can keep it as a memory for many years.
This is how to frame a graduation cap and gown: arrange the graduation items on paper or fabric, attach them to cardboard, then assemble them inside the shadowbox.
In this blog post, we will show you how to frame your cap and gown in the perfect way!
How to Frame Graduation Cap and Gown
Step 1: Choose Your Shadowbox
The first step is to choose the right shadowbox for your project.
You’ll want to make sure that the shadowbox is large enough to fit the entire cap and gown. We recommend an 18″x24″ size.
You’ll also want to make sure that it has a glass front so that the cap and gown can be seen clearly.
I like to use black or white shadowboxes because they provide a simple, clean look.
Step 2: Prep Your Materials
Once you’ve chosen the perfect shadowbox, it’s time to prep your materials. You’ll need the following items:
- graduation cap and gown
- acid-free paper or fabric (I used white fabric)
- tape measure or ruler
- pen or marker
- sharpie (optional)
Step 3: Start Framing
- First, lay out your acid-free paper or fabric on a flat surface. Then, place your graduation cap and gown on top of the paper or fabric.
- Using a tape measure or ruler, measure and mark where you will need to cut the paper or fabric. Cut along the marked lines.
- Next, you will need to decide how you want to arrange the Cap and Gown inside the shadow box. Once you have decided on the arrangement, use a pen or marker to trace around the outside of the items onto the paper or fabric. This will be your cutting guide.
- Cut along the marked lines.
Now it’s time to assemble your shadowbox!
- Start by placing the acid-free paper or fabric inside the shadowbox.
- Then, arrange your graduation Cap and Gown on top of the paper or fabric according to your plan.
- Once you are happy with the arrangement, use a stapler to secure the items in place.
- Finally, if desired, use a sharpie to add a label or title to your shadowbox (e.g., “Joe’s Graduation Cap and Gown”).
And that’s it! You’ve successfully framed your graduation Cap and Gown using a shadowbox!
Of course, there are other creative ways to frame your graduation items.
There you have it! A simple and stylish way to display your graduation cap and gown. This project is easy to do and can be customized to fit any space.
So go out there and get creative! And congratulations on your big accomplishment!
How do you frame a graduation cap?
There are a few different ways to frame a graduation cap. You can use tape, glue, or even staples.
The most important thing is to ensure that the graduation cap is securely attached to the frame so it doesn’t fall off.
How do you hang a graduation cap on the wall?
You can purchase a special frame for your graduation cap or simply use Command strips to adhere it to the wall. If you want a more permanent solution, you can use screws or nails to secure it.
How do you put a graduation cap in a shadow box?
There are a few ways to do this. You can hot glue the graduation cap onto a piece of cardboard slightly smaller than the shadow box opening and then mount the cardboard on the back of the shadow box.
You can also use a wire or fishing line to suspend the graduation cap mid-air inside the shadow box. Or, if your shadow box has a glass front, you can prop the graduation cap against the glass so that it casts a shadow on the background inside the shadow box.
What glue is best for graduation caps?
How to fold graduation gowns for shadow box?
- Lay the graduation gown out flat on a table or floor.
- Fold the left side of the gown over to the right side so that it covers the entire front of the gown.
- Fold the bottom of the gown up towards the top so that it forms a neat, square package. You should now be able to pick up your folded graduation gown and place it in your shadow box.
How to hang the graduation cap on the wall?
- Find a flat surface to place your cap on so it doesn’t touch the ground and can dry quickly.
- Hang a ribbon or string from the top front of your cap and tie it to a nail or hook in the wall.
- Balance your cap on the ribbon or string by putting something heavy in the bottom, like a book, and let it dry.
Which Side Does the Tassel Go on?
The tassel goes on the right side when you are graduating. It is moved to the left side after you receive your diploma.
What Does A Tassel Symbolize?
The tassel is a symbol of academic achievement and it is worn by students who have completed their studies. The tassel is usually made from silk and it hangs down from the mortarboard.
Should I Decorate My Graduation Cap?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question. It is entirely up to you! If you want to decorate your graduation cap, then go for it!
What Do You Use To Decorate a Graduation Cap?
Some popular items to use for decorating graduation caps include glitter, rhinestones, and feathers. You can also use paint, markers, and stickers.
How Do You Decorate a Graduation Cap without Ruining It?
If you are worried about ruining your graduation cap, then you can use temporary adhesives such as double-sided tape or velcro. You can also use items that can be removed easily, such as ribbon or fabric.
Will Stickers Stick to Graduation Cap?
Stickers will stick to graduation caps if they are applied to a clean and smooth surface. It is best to use stickers that are made specifically for fabric or clothing.
What are the Dimensions of a Graduation Cap?
A graduation cap is typically about 12 inches wide and 18 inches long. The dimensions may vary slightly depending on the school and the year you graduate.