Have you ever found a perfect outfit but the hemline is too long or the sleeves are too wide? Hemming clothes can be a daunting task, especially if you’re not a skilled seamstress.
But what if there was an easier way to hem your clothes without sewing? That’s where Stitch Witchery comes in. But can it work on polyester fabrics?
Short answer: Yes, Stitch Witchery can work on polyester fabrics.
Advantages of Using Stitch Witchery on Polyester
Here are some reasons why using Stitch Witchery on polyester fabrics can be advantageous:
- It is a no-sew solution: You don’t have to worry about using a needle and thread to hem your clothes.
- It is easy to use: Simply cut the Stitch Witchery to the length you need, place it between the fabric layers, and press with a hot iron.
- It is durable: Stitch Witchery creates a strong bond that can withstand regular wear and tear.
Tips for Using Stitch Witchery on Polyester Successfully
Here are some tips to help you use Stitch Witchery on polyester fabrics successfully:
- Test a small piece of fabric first: Some polyester fabrics may not react well to heat, so it’s best to test a small area first.
- Use a pressing cloth: To protect your fabric from heat damage, use a pressing cloth between your iron and the fabric.
- Don’t use too much: Using too much Stitch Witchery can create a stiff and uncomfortable hemline.
How to Use Stitch Witchery on Polyester
Here’s how to use Stitch Witchery on polyester fabrics:
- Cut a strip of Stitch Witchery to the length you need.
- Place the Stitch Witchery between the fabric layers, with the paper side facing up.
- Using a pressing cloth, press the iron onto the paper side of the Stitch Witchery for 10-15 seconds.
- Wait for the fabric to cool, then remove the paper backing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you wash clothes that have been hemmed with Stitch Witchery?
Yes, you can wash clothes that have been hemmed with Stitch Witchery. It is recommended to wash them on a gentle cycle and air dry.
Is Stitch Witchery permanent?
Yes, Stitch Witchery creates a permanent bond between fabrics.
- How to Hem Pants with Stitch Witchery
- How to Use Stitch Witchery on Sheer Fabrics
- How to Use Stitch Witchery on Denim